Competition 01 - 12th Mar 2013 - Weymouth 270.5 points - Portland 275 points.
Competition 02 - 12th Feb 2014 - Portland 285.5 points - Weymouth 298 points.
Competition 03 - 24th Feb 2015 - Weymouth 296 points - Portland 289.5 points.
This is a fairly new annual event and consists of an inter-club competition between Portland and Weymouth Camera Clubs. It is dedicated to the memory of Brian Lynch who was one of our founding members and also a long-serving member of the Weymouth club too.
Each club hosts the event as one of their club nights in alternate years with the first competition having taken place at Weymouth in 2013. Thus, Weymouth host the event in odd-numbered years on a Tuesday, and Portland host it in even-numbered years on a Wednesday.
All images will be shown anonymously with alternate ones from each club presented until all 70 have been shown.
- The competition is "open" and images can be of any subject.
- An independent judge will be arranged by the host club.
- Each club is to enter 35 digital images for projection at 1024x768 pixels.
- A maximum of 5 images may be entered by any one member.
- There is to be a limit of 5 nature images per club.
- Any image, once entered, cannot be submitted in future occasions of this event.
The judge will comment on and then mark each image with a score out of 10, including half-marks.
At the end, scores will be totalled for each club and the club with the highest score declared the winner.
There will be First, Second, Third and several Highly-Commended placings for which certificates will be awarded.
The winning club will take possession of the "Brian Lynch Challenge Trophy" until the following year's event. Weymouth C.C. have kindly offered to provide the trophy for this competition.